সম্পাদক : Md.Rajib Hasan
Join News Editor : Md Imran
Comillanews.com is a online news site | Comilla news
comilla news 24, comilla city, comilla hotel, bangla news, comilla hot news, comilla barta, comilla paper, comillar kagoj, comilla people, comilla bnp,our comilla, comilla district, comilla hospital, comilla jamat news, comilla hot news, comilla newspaper, comilla is a district of bangladesh, comilla is nice place, comilla has lots of newspaper, comilla online news paper, comilla 24 hour news site, daily newspaper of comilla, comilla is a historical city, comilla police station phone number, comilla city information, comilla bangladesh
Comilla District (Chittagong division) with an area of 3085.17 sq km, is bounded by Brammanbaria and Narayan Ganj districts on the north, Noakhali and Feni districts on the south, Tripura (state of India) on the east, Munshi Ganj and Chandpur districts on the west. Annual average temperature maximum 34.3?C, minimum 12.7?C; annual rainfall 2551 mm. Main rivers are Meghna, Gumti and Dakatia.
Comilla (Town) stands on the bank of the Gumti river. It consists of 18 wards and 46 mahallas. It has an area of 11.47 sq km and a population of 168378; male 52.56%, female 47.44%. Literacy rate among the town people is 60.3%. In the suburb there exists the Commonwealth War Cemetery Memorials, Muktajuddha Museum at Mainamati Cantonment and bangladesh academy for rural development, Mainamati Museum, Comilla Cadet College at Courtbari. Comilla Town is blessed with the memories of national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam. Nazrul Islam married twice in life, one at Daulatpur of Muradnagar upazila of the district and the other at Comilla Town. Those places have been marked with memorial plates. Poet Rabindranath Tagore visited Comilla twice. Ustad Muhammad Hussain, Fazle Nizami and Kulendu Das have enriched the cultural heritage of the town. Ustad Ayet Ali Khan established a musical institute here.
The Comilla region was once under ancient Samatat and was joined with Tripura State. This district came under the reign of the kings of the Harikela in the ninth century AD. Lalmai Mainamati was ruled by Deva dynasty (eighth century AD), and Chandra dynasty (during tenth and mid eleventh century AD). It came under the rule of East India Company in 1765. This district was established as Tripura district in 1790. It was renamed Comilla in 1960. Chandpur and Brahmanbaria subdivisions of this district were transformed into districts in 1984. Comilla district has 5 municipalities, 54 wards, 148 mahallas, 12 upazilas, 1 thana, 180 union parishads, 2704 mouzas and 3624 villages. The upazilas are comilla sadar, barura, chandina, daudkandi, laksam, brahmanpara, burichang, chauddagram, debidwar, homnA, muradnagar and nangalkot; the municipalities are Comilla Sadar, Barura, Chandina, Daudkandi and Laksham.